Sounds a bit obvious but take the pressure off yourself always trying to be inventive and “master cheffy” with meals. Instead try cooking simple food, as close to nature as possible (no processed foods) prepared and eaten with gratitude. Here are just a few examples of healthy simple meals that everyone will love.
• Steamed fish with lemon and herbs, sweet potato mash with a little butter, salt and pepper and a large leafy green salad.
• A small pan seared steak (if you are a carnivore) with couscous and lightly cooked tomatoes, onions and capsicum (in a little olive oil and garlic)
• A poached free range egg on lightly buttered sourdough toast. Serve with a few slices of tomato, avocado or spinach. (yum!)
• Wholegrain or gluten free pasta with a homemade tomato sauce, a few olives and a little feta sprinkled on top.
• A simple and delicious dessert of chia pudding. Soak 3 tablespoons of chia seeds in one cup of lo-fat coconut milk with a little honey to sweeten. Stir mixture and put in the fridge so the chia seeds get plumpy and delicious. Serve a few hours later with mixed berries and mint pieces.