Every day it seems like there is a new theory on what’s best for our health. Eating too much of one food group causes cancer. The next day you’ll read eating too less of another food will also result in massive health problems. It can get very overwhelming being bombarded with all of these facts and sometimes even result in instigating health problems through anxiety and incorrect information.
To avoid all of this confusion and sometimes conflicting information, we can offer a simple formula you can use to maintain your health.
Here it is:
Health = Everything in moderation
Life is all about balance and that goes for our diet as well. Our bodies need nutrients from different sources for different reasons:
- Our bones need calcium for strength.
- Our blood needs iron to create healthy blood cells.
- Our heart needs fiber to assist with keeping it’s arteries healthy.
- Our body tissue needs Vitamin C to help make collagen which assists in making protein for our skin, tendons and cartilage.
- Our brain is 60% fat and needs Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain development.
- Our eyes need lutein and zeaxanthin to help prevent degeneration.
The list goes on! However, through these few examples we can safely reach the conclusion that in order for our bodies to function at their best, there needs to be a balance. Stick with this philosophy and you’ll never be confused again!