Your meal options are only limited to your imagination. As children, most of us are bought up on the convenience and ease of toast and/or cereal for our daily breakfast.
In this age of technology where ideas and meal recipes are literally just out our keyboard fingertips, there is no reason or excuse why you can’t jazz up your breakfast menu a bit and give your a tastebuds a treat. After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Some Healthy Breakfast ideas:
* Chia Pudding (soak overnight): Soak 3 tablespoons of chia seeds in one cup of lo-fat coconut milk with a little honey to sweeten. Stir mixture and put in the fridge so the chia seeds get plumpy and delicious. Serve a few hours later with mixed berries and mint pieces.
* Stuffed mushrooms: with Capsicum , red onion, 1 slice bacon , coriander , baby spinach & a tad if tasty cheese (supplied by My Waitplate Journey on Facebook)
* A poached free range egg: on lightly buttered sourdough toast. Serve with a few slices of tomato, avocado or spinach.
* The Basic Green Smoothie: 1 frozen banana, 1-2 cups almond or coconut milk, large handful of green veg (kale, spinach), 1 tablespoon of Pea Protein powder.
* Bowl of fruit with shaved coconut