It’s a new year and it’s time to pay attention to that recurring-yet-often-ignored resolution of getting a healthy body which will lead to a healthy mind.
Here are a few tips to help you start your journey which can begin with Waitplate:
Small changes in eating behaviour result in big changes to health.
If you make small and consistent changes in eating behaviour over time, it will result in you feeling more positive, energised and motivated and you are much more likely to continue these new habits for life.
Weigh yourself at the beginning of your health journey (We hate the word Diet) then put those bathroom scales out to pasture, at least for a few weeks. You don’t have to see a number to know if you’re losing weight. Don’t let the numbers on the scales define who you are. Use your health journey as a time to really get to know yourself and how your body works. Think of losing weight and getting healthy as your body simply repairing its self.
So how will you know if the kilos are melting away?
• You have stopped wriggling into too tight clothes that require pulling and tugging at all day.
• You smile at your shrinking reflection in shop windows (instead of cringing).
• You receive compliments on your appearance and how well you look.
• Your new healthy eating behaviours are becoming second nature.
• You can move more freely, for longer and with more intensity.
• You know you’re losing weight when you feel your spirit soar
• And lastly healthy food has become a life giving friend and no longer a foe.
“Celebrate the process and the destiny will just be a bonus.” – Unknown.